SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
Job Type & Pay:
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Statistical Genetics Scientist. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
- Full-time only
- Position is remote
- No agencies
- Salary range is $60K - $100K / yr USD
- Equity is also potentially available for outstanding applicants
We are looking for a professional with extensive training and experience in statistical genetics to join our growing science team
This rolerequires strong statistical and computational skills, a deep understanding of human genetics, and excellent communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have multiple years of experience playing a leadership role in genetic analyses and executing independently developed ideas, as well as an ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of audiences.
- Design and execute a wide array of analyses for both customers across the business and externally.
- Work collaboratively with partners in research, product, and engineering to develop our research platform.
- Work closely with colleagues in Therapeutics to identify and prioritize drug targets.
Preferably a Ph.D. in Statistics, Genetics, or a related discipline.
- Research experience in statistical human genetics.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct post-association analyses using GWAS summary statistics (fine-mapping, colocalization, LD score regression).
- Hands-on experience working with biologists on interpretation of GWAS associations and therapeutic target identification is a plus. Knowledge of disease areas and/or processes (metabolic, immune, or oncology) is a plus.
- Hands-on experience working with very large data sets in Python.
- Ease in a Linux environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Previous experience working with a startup or smaller company
- Previous experience doing remote work