SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are in search of an experienced Medical Communications Specialist with a developed knowledge of genomics based health. The ideal candidate has experience working for a similar company in the health and wellness space and has supreme writing, research, and communications skills.
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies
- 50k-120k USD /yr for North American applicants
- 30k-75k USD /yr for applicants outside North America
- At least 2-3 years experience in a Health Communications role with an emphasis on digital health and preferably a portfolio of materials which you can provide us with to illustrate your past work.
- Supreme research skills and knowledge of the health industry with a specialization in genetics.
- Outstanding communications skills, ability to write technical copy, and editing abilities.
- Significant skills in media design and social media use in order to be able to effectively present and advertise to potential clients.
- A proactive, independent, and ambitious approach towards your work.
- Design, write, and plan informational tools and guides for our clients relating to genetic health tools, lab tests, wellness reports and more.
- Remain constantly informed about what the most current and future urgent health risks are and anticipate these trends by proactively creating informational materials on them.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to produce informational materials that will also be effective at creating conversions and getting clients interested in our product.
- Working with our team members who are genetic counselors to ensure a uniformity of advice and information between all of the informative tools and materials produced at the company.
- Assess all current consumer-facing health materials of the company and make necessary adjustments and revisions to ensure accuracy and client appeal.
- Previous experience working with a Startup or SAAS Health based company.
- Existing network of connections in the healthcare world that we can use to reachout to more medical professionals.
- Formal education in Medical Science, Health Communications