SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for an experienced and efficient Certified Public Accountant to overlook our financials and taxes at SelfDecode. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
- Part time position
- Position is remote
- No agencies
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
- Equity is also available for outstanding applicants
- At least 2-3 years professional experience for an established company doing tax accountant and CPA oriented work
- Review our tax forms to ensure their proper submission, including for funds raised through equity crowdfunding and VC fundraising
- Organize a collect materials for yearly tax tables, instructions and forms to accurately calculate our taxes
- Work closely with the CEO in order to get us potential deductions or allowances
- Review our financial statements, expenses and previous tax returns to identify the best strategy for completing future returns
Experience & Skills
- Certification Public Accountant license
- Formal Degree in Finance of Accounting or relevant field preferred
- Knowledge of state and federal tax form processes and how to accurately properly prepare forms for each
- Knowledge of Equity Crowdfunding and VC Fundraising best practice and due diligence
- Outstanding organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Skilled using tax preparation software and experience in troubleshooting common tax program challenges
- Previous experience working for a Startup or previous remote work experience
If you have any questions please send us an email at email@example.com