We are no longer seeking people for this position. You are still welcome to apply, but please be aware that we are not actively hiring for this role.
We are only taking applicants from GMT-4 to GMT+3 timezones. And we expect people to be early workers in GMT-4 (start latest 7AM) and work later in GMT+3 (start 12PM, finish at midnight). This is because almost all of our workers are concentrated between GMT-7 to GMT+5 timezones, so this helps someone be available in all the timezones.
SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are in search of a proactive and experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) / Operations Manager with a strong track record in operations, and preferably a background in the health & sciences.
The role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
- Oversee company operations. Make sure things in the company are integrated well and running efficiently. Coordinate and oversee the efforts of the individual, team, and other resources associated with different company projects
- Setting KPIs and making sure all teams are meeting their KPIs
- Finding ways to make the organization more efficient
- Analyzing performance and implementing strategies to improve performance
- Guide projects and business operations based on larger business strategy
- Manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves investor targets relative to growth and profitability
- Work closely with the CEO to assess opportunities and challenges as well as to implement strategic decisions within smaller teams
- Business development, build strong internal and external relationships as a primary leader and representative of the company
- Oversee/track employee performance in the company. Knowing who in the company is performing and who isn’t at all times. Improve employee productivity.
- Ensure effective recruiting, professional development, performance management, compensation, and retention
- Various HR operations
- Help strategize on ways to increase revenue and take a part in implementing them
- Manage accounting/making sure our books are done and in order.
- Due diligence for relevant fields SelfDecode is involved with
- Set goals for performance and growth
- Coordinate with legal counsel to make sure we have proper contracts, terms of service, and that everything we do is legally compliant.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years experience in executive & management positions in successful startups, including in operations.
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
- Experience in running startups in a COO type position
- Experience working in a completely remote company with people across many different timezones
- Experience in successful and fast-growing startups
- Experience in B2C & B2B
- Experience in B2B sales
- Experience in marketing B2B & B2C products
- Experience with Digital and Saas companies
- Experience in the biotech industry
- Experience in the health & nutrition industry
- Legal and finance background or relevant experience in this area
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com
Note: please complete the application and pre-screening within one week of starting.