SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication. We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
Job Type and Pay:
We are in search of a proactive, experienced, and leadership-oriented Chief Operating Officer (COO) / Operations Manager with a strong track record in project management, proven abilities in business development, and preferably a background in the health & sciences.
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Salary: is highly variable depending on skills, experience, leadership abilities, previous performance, etc...
- Significant equity is also available for outstanding applicants.
- Oversee company operations. Make sure things in the company are integrated well and running efficiently. Coordinate and oversee the efforts of the individual, team, and other resources associated with different company projects
- Finding ways to make the organization more efficient
- Analyzing performance and implementing strategies to improve performance
- Guide projects and business operations based on larger business strategy
- Manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves investor targets relative to growth and profitability
- Work closely with the CEO to assess opportunities and challenges as well as to implement strategic decisions within smaller teams
- Overall support to CEO: support with fundraising, financial projects, investor relations, company image, business development, etc...
- Build strong internal and external relationships as a primary leader and representative of the company
- Oversee/track employee performance in the company. Knowing who in the company is performing and who isn’t at all times. Try to improve employee productivity
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, compensation, and retention
- Manage accounting/making sure our books are done and in order.
- Does due diligence for relevant fields we're involved with
- Set goals for performance and growth
- Coordinate with legal counsel to make sure we have proper contracts, terms of service, and that everything we do is legally compliant.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience in executive, management and leadership positions, including in operations.
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
- Background in health and science
- Understanding of Genomics, Bioinformatics, or Data Analytics
- Legal and finance background or relevant experience in this area