We are no longer seeking people for this position. You are still welcome to apply, but please be aware that we are not actively hiring for this role.
SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are seeking a Machine Learning / AI Engineer to help lead our Research and Development & Engineering Team.
Our data team members are experts at ingesting large, complex biological data sets, creating fast and efficient pipelines to process them, and working closely with our science team to seamlessly deliver cutting-edge genomic and precision medicine analysis to our customers.
The Machine Learning / AI Engineer will work on massive databases of genomic and phenotypic data in order to create novel AI/ML prediction models of disease and human health.
The Role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
- Develop novel AI/ML models for classifying patients' absolute risk scores based on genomic and environmental data.
- Be the primary contributor to precision medicine R&D projects.
- Publish and disseminate methods and findings and incorporate them into software products.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not an exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Expert in precision medicine, machine learning, statistics, and genomics
- Possesses strong communication skills, with the ability to present complex scientific ideas to clinical, scientific, and industry audiences.
- Be willing to work in a fast-paced, competitive environment, and hold a strong record of successful delivery of complex scientific projects and publications under tight timelines.
- Ph.D. in computer science, statistical genetics, computational biology, engineering, or related field. MD or MD/Ph.D. candidates with demonstrated publication history in applying deep learning in precision medicine are highly desired.
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com
Note: please complete the application and pre-screening within one week of starting.