We are no longer seeking people for this position. You are still welcome to apply, but please be aware that we are not actively hiring for this role.
SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Django Developer. Pay will be in accordance with abilities, skills, experience, hustle, leadership, math/bioinformatics knowledge, level of English proficiency, and location.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a broad technical skillset and extensive experience in this industry. As a result, the candidate should be able to design, develop and test the products required for the company's needs. Moreover, the candidate should be able to work with other developers in determining product strategy.
The role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
- Creating new features related to personalized health based on genetics, labs, and symptoms
- Developing scalable, easily maintainable software
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Extending and improving existing internal software systems
- Software Testing
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Participating in weekly scrum meetings
- Mentoring fellow developers
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 4-6 years professional coding experience
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Proven leadership experience
- 4+ years of professional experience with Python
- 4+ years of professional experience with a python based web application framework, such as Django
- Experience with creating and maintaining AWS cloud formation templates
- Experience with the Serverless framework
- Well-versed in source control with Git
- Understand RESTful API design. Experience working with the Django REST framework is a bonus
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Professional experience with React or similar front end frameworks
- Bioinformatics knowledge
- Math knowledge
- Knowledge of genetics
- Familiar with bash scripting
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Health enthusiast
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com
Note: please complete the application and pre-screening within one week of starting.