SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated UI/UX Designer with a background in Graphic Design to join our team! As a UI-UX Designer, you will be responsible for delivering the best online user experience, which makes your role extremely important for our success and ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty.
The Role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Salary Range: Highly competitive depending on skills, experience, education, culture fit, and leadership abilities, etc.
The ideal candidate will be naturally creative and imaginative with the technical ability to translate complex information into an engaging visual solution that is both appealing and intuitive for users. The UI/UX Designer will be expected to easily function both independently and collaboratively, bringing fresh thinking, an open mind, and a strong work ethic to the position.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of UI/UX best practices and the unique constraints and idioms of complex, data-intensive enterprise application design
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Creating sketches, wireframes, and designs based on a solid understanding of business requirements, UI patterns, and visual design principles
- Design graphics user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how design functions
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Organize complex user workflows into simpler ones across the entire product life-cycle and multiple product launches
- Facilitating workshops and exercises to assist with idea generation and decision-making
- Mapping out, visualizing, and testing application flow to identify gaps and ensure consistency
- Collaborating with developers to answer questions and build a design system
- Developing, designing, and establishing a standard set of UI patterns
- Conducting user research and testing and conduct layout adjustments based on feedback
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of proven experience as a UI/UX Designer
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Adobe XD & Balsamiq)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to collaborate and articulate ideas effectively in a team environment
- Bachelor Degree in UI/UX Design, Computer Design, Web Design, Graphic Design or related field
- Proficient in Adobe CC (we use Adobe XD for UI design & prototyping, Illustrator & Photoshop for assets creation)
- Previous experience working with a startup or smaller company, experience doing remote work
- Previous experience with Graphic Design
- Strong leadership, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under strict deadlines
- Team player with solid interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to present, synthesize and influence change
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com
Note: please complete the application and pre-screening within one week of starting.