SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for experienced and talented science writers to join our team. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
The science writer will research, write and edit genetic reports, database content, website posts, and associated content. They will work closely with the rest of the science team to carry out collaborative research, publish complex content on genetics based health and wellness and ensure scientific validity.
The ideal candidate has at least some professional experience doing science writing for a reputable company, possesses superb writing skills. and is able to and carry out deep research on pubmed effectively and efficiently
The role is:
- Full-time only
- Fully Remote
- Flexibly scheduled
- Not open to agencies
Salary: $30,000-$70,000 USD/yr depending on abilities, skills, education, location, and other factors.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 1-2+ years experience doing science writing or editing professionally
- BSc in a relevant life sciences discipline, Masters or PhD in genetics or related field is preferred
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and communication skills
- Familiarity with Academic Journals and access portals
- Superb initiative and proactive approach to work; ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Extensive health industry knowledge
- Write clearly about complex topics in health and genetics
- Work collaboratively with other members of the science team to edit, fact-check, and publish scientific articles
- Conduct academic level research on health & wellness topics using databases of scholarly articles and scientific papers.
- Edit scientific articles written by other members of the science team
- Collaborate to brainstorm new article ideas and content topics that provide value to clients seeking to learn about their health and genetics
- Any professional experience or abilities in Medical Communications Writing
- Remote work experience or experience working for a startup
- Portfolio or links to work which evidences skills relevant to this role