We are looking for an experienced and motivated developer to join a fast-growing, innovative biotechnology company.
Our Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will work closely with our research scientists, computational biologists, front-end and back-end teams to develop and deploy our cloud-based infrastructure, with a focus on automation, configuration, security, observability, and alerting.
- Continuously improve cloud infrastructure and our use of AWS services.
- Automate and improve software deployment and operations processes.
- Create reusable and templated packages -- promoting standardization across workflows, accelerating development and deployment cycles.
- Develop and deploy containerized pipelines and processes.
- Work directly with AWS architects and other infrastructure engineers to develop and maintain scalable and reproducible infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud Infrastructure, DevOps, or IT Operations roles
- An understanding of microservices architecture and its application to software development
- Familiarity with building and maintaining containers, runtime environments, and custom machine images.
- An eye to security -- demonstrated understanding of how to operate pipelines at scale while maintaining the security and integrity of extremely sensitive data.
- Experience developing Infrastructure as Code.
- Expert knowledge of Django and/or Flask
- Experience deploying computational workloads on AWS Batch, Kubernetes, or other workload managers.
- Experience managing and protecting large datasets in AWS.
- Knowledge of AWS tools (CloudFront, FarGate, Lambda)