We are no longer seeking people for this position. You are still welcome to apply, but please be aware that we are not actively hiring for this role.
SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager who will be focused on the “how” in regards to the implementation of the product vision; the product itself and the ins and outs of how it gets built. You will use your technical expertise to work closely with the development team and engineering team on product prioritization, product strategy, product lifecycle, and product development.
The role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
- Equity is also available
- Must be located in Europe or West Asian Timezone (India/Pakistan/Sri Lanka/etc,...)
- Manage technical teams, write out Jira type tasks, and set priorities
- Manage personal and team related KPIs and targets to ensure the business is on track to achieve its operating targets
- Guide the product and business-planning process across cross-functional teams of the company
- Assess current competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation
- Analyze product requirements and develop appropriate programs to ensure they’re successfully achieved
- Connect the gaps between customer and business needs with technical requirements and constraints.
- Develop, implement, and maintain production timelines across multiple departments
- Appraise new product ideas and strategize appropriate to-market plans
- Support the execution of all product lifecycle processes including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch
- Collaborate closely with engineering, production, marketing, and sales teams on the development, QA, and release of products and balance of resources to ensure the development cycle is in line with the product release schedule
- Break down complex problems into achievable steps in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- Create product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, revenue, and ROI
Required Skills & Experience:
We are looking for a product manager who is familiar with web development and creating wireframes.
- Computer science, software development, and/or engineering knowledge. They know how to code and can talk technical with the engineering team.
- Experience in and an understanding of software development methodologies and development processes, like agile and knowledge of scrum.
- Ability to develop product roadmaps and understanding of APIs
- Professional product management role in a tech company
- Experience in setting KPIs and OKRs for a tech team
- Experience in creating wireframes
- Proven experience working as a product manager with verifiable case examples
- Strong experience in a dynamic product management role
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- Highly effective cross-functional team management
- Previous experience delivering finely-tuned product marketing strategies
- Exceptional writing and editing skills combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing
- Degree in software development or engineering
- Healthcare industry experience
The assessment should be completed within 3 days of applying.