We are no longer seeking people for this position. You are still welcome to apply, but please be aware that we are not actively hiring for this role.
SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret people's genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live healthier and better lives.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication. We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for qualified candidates for our Data Science & Engineering department. Our data team members are experts at ingesting large, complex biological data sets, creating fast and efficient pipelines to process them, and working closely with our DevOps group to seamlessly deliver cutting-edge genomic analysis to our customers.
The Role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- Not accepting applicants who are in school
- Salary: Pay will be in accordance with abilities, skills, experience, hustle, leadership, level of English proficiency, and location.
- Analyzing and maintaining large databases of sensitive user data
- Developing scalable, easily maintainable software
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Extending and improving existing internal software systems
- Integrating multiple data sources and databases into one system
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience working with large data sets
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Professional experience and analytics heavy language, Python preferred
- Professional experience with workflow management (Nextflow, Snakemake, or Airflow, etc)
- Deep knowledge of creating efficient database queries and operations
- Well-versed in source control with Git
- Knowledge of statistical techniques
- Bioinformatics knowledge
- Math knowledge
If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: please complete the application and pre-screening within one week of starting.