SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for qualified candidates for our Data Science & Engineering department. Our data team members are experts at ingesting large, complex biological data sets, creating fast and efficient pipelines to process them, and working closely with our DevOps group to seamlessly deliver cutting edge genomic analysis to our customers.
Pay will be in accordance with abilities, skills, experience, hustle, leadership, level of English proficiency and location.
The Role is:
- 20k-75k / yr (we are seeking candidates from intern to senior level)
- Equity is also available for outstanding applicants with leadership qualities
Highly Desired Skills
- 2+ years of experience working with large data sets
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Professional experience and analytics heavy language, Python prefered
- Professional experience with workflow management (Nextflow, Snakemake, or Airflow, etc)
- Deep knowledge of creating efficient database queries and operations
- Well-versed in source control with Git
- Analyzing and maintaining large databases of sensitive user data
- Developing scalable, easily-maintainable software
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Extending and improving existing internal software systems
- Integrating multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Knowledge of statistical techniques
- Bioinformatics knowledge
- Math knowledge