SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Junior Quality Assurance Tester to ensure our website, application, and product are delivering the best possible experience to our customers.
A good QA tester must be able to find and categorize bugs, prioritize their own workloads, and understand the needs of both the software development and marketing teams. Communication is a key skill for a good tester, since documenting and reporting issues to our global team will be their main responsibility.
As the role grows, a star candidate will expand their skill-sets, learning how to automate and analyze their work.
- Thorough testing of a continuously updated Web service
- Catching bugs in the user experience, documenting them, and reporting them to the development team
- Assisting the development team in testing sprint release candidates
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Curiosity and attention to detail
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research on technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Knowledge of testing tools and frameworks
- Education in Software or Computer Sciences disciplines preferred but not required