We are no longer seeking people for this position. You are still welcome to apply, but please be aware that we are not actively hiring for this role.
SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for an experienced and extremely organized Bookkeeper to overlook our financials, transactions, and records at SelfDecode. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
The role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
- Equity is also available for outstanding applicants.
- Maintain records of all our financial transactions and ensure our compliance with any legal requirements
- Develop a system to account for all our financial transactions by establishing a chart of different accounts; create good bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintain our subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Maintains and balance a general ledger for the company
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepare financial reports to present to the CEO by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information.
- Advise management on any necessary changes for compliance with state or federal law.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Certified Public Accountant License
- 1-2 years of professional bookkeeping experience for an established company with proven success at records and account management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Experience working with multifaceted organizations
- Superb organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of legal requirements, compliance, and best practices
- Data analysis skills
- Previous experience working for a Startup or previous remote work experience
If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: please complete the application and pre-screening within one week of starting.