We are no longer seeking people for this position. You are still welcome to apply, but please be aware that we are not actively hiring for this role.
SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for a Full Stack developer with experience in building scalable apps. Pay will be in accordance with abilities, skills, experience, hustle, leadership, level of English proficiency, and location.
The role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Salary: 30k - 70k USD/yr; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
- Equity is also available for outstanding applicants and those with leadership abilities.
- Must be located in Europe or West Asian Timezone (India/Pakistan/Sri Lanka/etc,...)
- Creating new features related to personalized health based on genetics, labs, and symptoms
- Developing scalable, easily maintainable software
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Extending and improving existing internal software systems
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Implement creative and visually appealing frontend designs
- Translate designs, wireframes, and mockups into highly composable code
- Participating in weekly scrum meetings
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in professional software development; must be experienced with Full Stack Development
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Professional experience with python based web application frameworks, such as Django or Flask.
- Well-versed in source control with Git
The assessment should be completed within 3 days of applying.
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com
Note: please complete the application and pre-screening within one week of starting.