SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are searching for a highly strategic Brand Director to help bring SelfDecode to the top of the personalized health space. The Brand Director will help head the marketing team which is responsible for creating both the long and short-term strategies for the SelfDecode brand.
The role will focus on bringing our brand strategy to life on a near-term basis, ensuring that our brand evolves in line with our mission quarter over quarter. Core responsibilities include fostering fruitful partnerships and creating marketing briefs and communications to reinforce our brand position.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for health and wellness, and expertise in leading marketing programs from brief to execution. They will also have significant professional experience in a similar role in the health and wellness space.
The role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
- A potential opportunity for company equity for outstanding applicants.
- Coordinate current customer feedback surveys
- Complete market research campaigns to develop current and future audience personas
- Work with the design team to develop designs that align with the findings from our market research and target audience personas (all based on actual science or real data - studies that show “these people like these things”)
- Create consistent brand language, visions, mission statements, to be used in marketing
- Work with partnerships team to identify potential partners that align with our brand
- Work with the product team to ensure product development supports our core brand
- Manage brand strategy budget and timelines, ensuring all milestones are met.
- Come up with new ideas for pitches and angles to engage media
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS/BA, preferably in Marketing, Business or Communications field. Equivalent experience is also acceptable.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in Brand Management, Brand Strategy, Account Planning, or Marketing-related field.
- Experience in brand communications, with proven skills across brand strategy, consumer insights, market research, and communications planning.
- An understanding of direct-to-consumer businesses, performance marketing, and eCommerce design best practices.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com
Note: please complete the application and pre-screening within one week of starting.