We’re looking for someone who is creative and a master of social media to fulfill the Digital Content Creator role at SelfDecode. We’re looking for someone who has a true passion for content creation spanning multiple platforms. This person should also understand what goes into making an appealing and aesthetic digital design, regardless of the medium.
Job Requirements Summary
- At least 1 year of professional experience in content creation
- A portfolio of content created on social media platforms that we can look at
We are a fast-growing and leading company in the field of bio-genetics and personalized health. We analyze peoples’ DNA in order to assess their biology and offer them detailed information through our personalized wellness reports about how they can improve their health and lifestyle.
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life. We only find success when our clients do as well.
- We work on projects as a team; every idea and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We are a flat organization and we look for efficiency, self-sufficiency, and attention to detail from our team members.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who are engaged and provide a positive impact will be met with opportunities for upward mobility.
- We are a fully remote and global company with employees spanning 5 different continents.
- We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
Our associated sites include:
SelfDecode.com - A blossoming and successful (over 40,000 users so far) genetics analysis service founded on our custom-built algorithms. Our system offers users health recommendations based on their DNA that are completely personalized and easily understandable.
Selfhacked.com - SelfHacked is a vast database meant to function as a comprehensive source of scientific information on supplements, lifestyle behaviors, and a variety of health topics. This information is provided unaccompanied by bias or agenda and the site hosts over 1.5 million visitors per month.
LabTestAnalyzer.com - Analyzes a large selection of lab test results that users upload so they can access quality, research supported health recommendations which address diet, lifestyle, and overall health.
PerfectlyHired.com (in progress) - An all in one digital replacement of company recruitment for a fraction of the cost. We provide pre-assessments, skills tests, an applicant tracking system (ATS), a database of qualified applicants, interviews, background checks, and real life task challenges. PerfectlyHired is the archetypal approach to hiring in the digital age.
A Supreme Digital Content Creator
- Is a social media fiend. They remain constantly in the know about daily news, trends, events, viral topics, memes, and any accompanying socio-cultural context.
- Is able to produce content for any type of social media platform whether it be Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, or Twitter.
- Has a working knowledge of how different types of content will be received based on the platform and has unique ideas about how brands can make their social media presence likable.
- Has professional experience in the following: social media copywriting, design, videography, or production. They also have demonstrable skills to back up their experience.
- Has existing creative content on the above mentioned social media platforms which showcases their ability to connect with an audience.
- Is extremely well versed in at least one Adobe Creative Suite program and is prepared to continue learning and practicing content creation in other platforms (Instagram story creation, TikTok editing, FinalCut etc.)
- Is able to bring ideas to life in an end-to-end content creation process that includes team collaboration, the adaptation of designs, and receiving constructive criticism.
What the day-to-day looks like:
- Communicating and collaborating with other members of the marketing and creative teams to brainstorm ideas, assess logistics, and construct project plans.
- Assessing the existing social media presence of the brand to identify potential areas of improvement and come up with new strategies for connecting with potential users.
- Writing social media copy, producing and editing visual content, and designing digital spaces that will be attractive and engaging to clients.
- Revising existing outreach content to be more attractive to potential clients and captivating for existing ones.
- Independently coordinating with relevant team members between departments in order to receive the relevant information, feedback, and commentary necessary to complete projects.
- Indulging in your existing passion for creation, design, and social media by working a job that allows you to do what you love.
- Previous experience doing remote work
- Previous experience in marketing or sales
- Access to relevant equipment for shooting/producing content
- A background in health and wellness