SelfDecode is a fast-growing biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc...
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are very selective in our process because we look for a very long-term, full-time partnership with our employees. We try to keep the application process as short as possible, so that we don't waste anyone's time.
We’re looking for someone who is creative, analytical and a master of social media to fulfill the Social Media Manager role at SelfDecode. We're looking for someone who has experience with influencer marketing and who also has demonstrable abilities in driving brand awareness through social media platforms.
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Compensation will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely. Anywhere between $25-45 /Hr USD as a contractor - depending on skills, experience, , personality, etc...
- Equity is also available for outstanding applicants.
Job Requirements Summary
- At least 1 year of professional experience in Social Media Management
- Proveable experience in creating increased awareness, ROI, and conversions through social media
- Knowledge of consumer demographics in the Health & Wellness industry
The ideal social media manager:
- Is a social media fiend. They remain constantly in the know about daily news, trends, events, viral topics, memes, and any accompanying socio-cultural context.
- Is able to produce content for any type of social media platform.
- Has a working knowledge of how different types of content will be received based on the platform and has unique ideas about how brands can make their social media presence likable.
- Has professional experience with data analysis and a provable ability to assess ROI based on campaign feedback.
- Has existing online brand presence or reputation which illustrates their success.
- Is able to bring ideas to life in an end-to-end content creation process that includes team collaboration, the adaptation of designs, and receiving constructive criticism.
What the day-to-day looks like:
- Managing SelfDecode's social media presence across platforms and ensure a unifrom brand image throughout that attracts new clientele.
- Communicating and collaborating with other members of the marketing teams to brainstorm ideas, create social media campaigns, and produce content.
- Assessing the existing social media presence of the brand to identify potential areas of improvement and come up with new strategies for connecting with potential users.
- Writing social media copy, effectively integrating digital content, and making posts that grow engagement and traffic on our pages.
- Carrying out assessment of campaigns completed or in progress to identify and address areas of weakness. Use analytics to understand ROI of different campaigns and use feedback to budget effectivel.
- Indulging in your existing passion for creation, design, and social media by working a job that allows you to do what you love.
- Previous experience doing remote work
- Previous experience in marketing or sales
- A background in health and wellness