SelfDecode is a fast-growing biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc...
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
Job Type and Pay:
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Chief Financial Officer to oversee all financial functions of the company including financial strategy, financial planning and analysis, financial reports, company audits, SEC and tax compliance, and investment management. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
The pay is not competitive for an individual in the US. We are looking for someone abroad who has perfect English.
- Full or Part-Time
- Fully Remote
- No agencies
- Working directly with the CEO to develop the company’s long- and short-term financial goals
- Preparing and updating pitch decks for presentations to investors
- Setting budgets for various projects and departments within the company
- Company valuation and financial analytics
- Overseeing cash flow, cash management, working capital, loans, and investments
- Assessing the benefits of prospective contracts
- Managing company assets
- Reporting financial status by developing forecasts, reporting results, analyzing cost variances, and developing improvements
- Ensuring and maintaining legal compliance for all financial functions
- Managing relationships with banks, insurance companies, and investors
- Managing all tax filings
Experience & Skills:
- Strong finance-based analytical skills
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a finance or accounting role
- Provable experience successfully managing the financials of another startup or small company
- Impeccable English-language communication skills
- A CPA, CFA, or MBA from an established institution
- Knowledge and/or experience in the biotech or health industry
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Previous management experience
- Experience working for a startup or other
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com