SelfDecode is a fast-growing biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc...
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
Job Type and Pay:
Pay will be in accordance with abilities, skills, experience, hustle, leadership, level of English proficiency, and location.
We do not want to waste your time applying, so please look at these bullet points before applying.
- Full time - we expect people to put in 40 hrs a week or more
- Fully Remote.
- NO agencies
- Salary: $15-$35/hr USD (around 30k-60k/ year) - depending on skills, speed, experience, proficiency in our tech stack, location, English fluency, leadership abilities, work hustle & drive, personality, plusses listed, etc...
- Substantial equity is also available for outstanding applicants and those with leadership abilities - people who can take on a leadership role.
If professional experience of at least 1 year is absent, we may offer you an internship position at lower pay ($10/hr) and hire you when the internship is successfully completed at higher pay.
- Strong proficiency in React, Redux, Typescript
- Experience with React performance testing and performance optimization (React profiler, server-side rendering, code splitting/lazy loading)
- Well-versed in source control with Git
- Able to implement creative and visually-appealing frontend designs
- Ability to translate designs, wireframes, and mockups into highly-composable code
- Collaborating and troubleshooting issues with our backend team and other company stakeholders
- Writing clean, readable code and tests
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential
- Knowledge of Python and Flask or Django
- Knowledge of NodeJS
- Knowledge of React Native (for mobile app development)
- Experience writing E2E tests with Cypress
- Familiarity with AWS, bitbucket, and Heroku, Material-UI
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com