- SelfDecode.com - We analyze people's DNA (over 40,000 users so far) and symptoms and give them health recommendations based on their DNA that are simple and easy to understand using our custom-built algorithms.
- Selfhacked.com - With over 1.5 million visitors per month, SelfHacked is the best source of scientific information on supplements and health topics with integrity, no agenda or ideology.
- LabTestAnalyzer.com - Provides high-quality, science-backed information and lifestyle, diet, and supplement recommendations based on lab test results.
This job is going to be split with genetics counseling and researching/writing genetics articles. Both skills are necessary for this job, since we don't have full-time work as a genetics counselor.
- Provide counseling regarding genetics and nutrition to customers
- Help educate customers about their personal genetic health risks
- Provide customers with guidance regarding natural lifestyle and supplement recommendations to counteract personal genetic health risks
- Create accessible educational materials for customers about genetics and nutrition
- Keep record of counseling sessions to identify customer needs
- Collaborate with other team members to provide the best possible customer experience
- Contribute as a science writer when not performing counseling duties
Required Skills & Experience
- Educational background in genetic counseling and nutrition
- Certification in genetic counseling and/or nutrition
- Experience as a genetics/nutrition counselor
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to write science articles in genetics for the layperson
- Experience providing counseling remotely/online