We are looking for a talented and experienced Bioinformatician. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
- Full-time only
- Position is remote
- No agencies
Salary: 50k-200k USD /yr
- Equity is also available for outstanding applicants and those with leadership abilities.
- Preferably Ph.D. in an 'Omics' field.
- Automate the curation of databases for the most relevant data.
- Provide statistical and computational tools for biologically based activities such as genetic analysis, polygenic risk scores, measurement of gene expression, and gene function determination.
- Create or modify web-based bioinformatics tools.
- Develop methods and perform analyses that will advance the understanding of human genetics and shape SelfDecode’s consumer product.
- Consult with researchers to analyze problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine computational strategies.
- Analyze data on gene and lab substance interactions.
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to lead in a remote environment and organization.
- Fluency in programming and scripting languages is required (e.g., R, Python, etc.) and their use in a LINUX environment.
- In depth knowledge of integrative omics analysis, next generation sequencing, data mining, complex data analysis, statistics and or in-depth knowledge of diagnostic algorithms and clinical applications of machine learning approaches.
- Experience in computational approaches for whole genome analysis and or genotyping analysis.
- Experience working on GWAS, PRS, Clinical Genomics, is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability and history of writing software and or algorithms utilizing large biomedical data sets.
- Experience analyzing large molecular datasets such as genomic sequence data.
- Hands-on experience working with very large datasets in Python.
- Experience in algorithm development or machine learning approaches.
- Experience in development
- Proven record of applying or developing computational biology approaches to generate new hypotheses.
- Proven record of conducting collaborative research.
- Proven record of contributing to cross-disciplinary projects and working in large teams.
- Knowledge of at least some of the following:
- Natural language processing abilities...to automate the extraction of the necessary information.