We are no longer seeking people for this position. You are still welcome to apply, but please be aware that we are not actively hiring for this role.
SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for an MD with experience in analyzing patient laboratory test results and making lifestyle and health regimen recommendations based on those results. Currently, we accept candidates outside of NA.
The ideal candidate has at least some professional experience doing science writing for a reputable company and possesses superb writing skills. Should be able to and carry out deep research on pubmed effectively and efficiently.
The Role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
- We are looking for someone abroad who has perfect English.
- Design, write and plan informational tools and guides for our clients relating to lab tests, wellness reports, and more.
- Remain constantly informed about what the most current and future urgent health risks are and anticipate these trends by proactively creating informational materials on them.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to produce informational materials that will also be effective at creating conversions and getting clients interested in our product.
- Working with our team members who are health counselors to ensure uniformity of advice and information between all of the informative tools and materials produced at the company.
- Assess all current consumer-facing health materials of the company and make necessary adjustments and revisions to ensure accuracy and client appeal.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years experience as a practicing physician or in medical research role with an emphasis on digital health and preferably a portfolio of materials which you can provide us with to illustrate your past work.
- Excellent research skills and knowledge of the health industry with knowledge of clinical pathology or laboratory tests.
- Outstanding communications skills, ability to write technical copy, and editing abilities.
- A proactive, independent, and ambitious approach towards your work.
- Previous experience working with a Startup or SAAS Health based company.
- Existing network of connections in the healthcare world that we can use to reach out to more medical professionals.
- Formal education in Medical Science, Health Communications
If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: please complete the application and pre-screening within one week of starting.