SelfDecode is a fast-growing biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc...
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are very selective in our process because we look for a very long-term, full-time partnership with our employees. We try to keep the application process as short as possible, so that we don't waste anyone's time.
Job Type & Pay:
We are looking for a talented and practiced Computational Biologist. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
- Full-time only
- Position is remote
- No agencies
- Salary range is $60K - $100K / yr USD
- Equity is also potentially available for outstanding applicants.
- Biological interpretation of genetic information utilized in our consumer-facing products, which requires computational methods to analyze high-throughput functional data
- Development of tools and reports that integrate genetics and functional genomics to drive target discovery and summarizing the results in ways that enable efficient decision making
- Extend existing target discovery efforts to incorporate additional data types and novel analysis methods; work toward identifying relevant disease subtypes and associated targets.
- Communicate ideas and results to other members of the science team and work collaboratively to create multi-faceted products which offer relevant health information to our clients.
Skills & Experience
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Genetics or a related field
- Knowledge of biology in at least one disease-relevant area (e.g., cardiovascular diseases, oncology, immunology, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in analysis of RNA-seq or microarrays, and other large scale omics datasets
- Fluency with tools and methods for processing functional sequencing data (RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq or similar)
- Strong quantitative skills and a background in statistical data analysis or machine learning
- Experience in writing robust code in R or python
- Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to convey complex computational results to colleagues from a wide range of life sciences backgrounds
- Ability to work in a remote, dynamic team-oriented environment
- Previous remote work experience and expeirence working in a startup
- Expertise in genetics and/or fine mapping of genetic association signals