We are no longer seeking people for this position. You are still welcome to apply, but please be aware that we are not actively hiring for this role.
SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for an engineering manager with experience managing remote software development organizations. Pay will be in accordance with abilities, skills, experience, hustle, leadership, level of English proficiency, and location.
Our minimum standard is 'excellent', so you will be working with great software developers.
We believe in small teams of 2-4, so you will be managing multiple teams and are expected to be able to write code when needed to help out one of your teams.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for overseeing a team of Engineers in the completion of engineering projects. Your duties include hiring and training qualified engineering staff, setting project budgets and timelines for completion and helping staff run tests or troubleshoot issues with prototypes.
The Role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- 50-100k/yr; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
- Must be located in Europe or West Asian Timezone (India/Pakistan/Sri Lanka/etc,...)
- Developing detailed plans for new designs and products
- Estimating effort and timelines for product features and other development tasks
- Establishing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators and OKRs
- Making determinations for equipment, staff and training needs
- Proposing project and program budgets
- Hiring and supervising staff
- Leading research and development projects that produce new designs, products, and processes.
- Checking their team’s work for technical accuracy
- Ensuring the validity of methods used by staff
- Coordinating work with other managers and staff
- Supporting the product and sales teams with in depth knowledge of the product architecture and capabilities
Required Skills & Experience:
- Previous role in a leadership position
- Minimum of 4 years experience in professional software development; must be experienced with Full Stack Development
- Excellent communication and English abilities
- Professional experience with backend based web application frameworks, such as Django or Flask.
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems.
- Communication skills for overseeing staff and working with other management personnel.
- Able to effectively communicate instructions while leading the team to meet their goals.
- Detail-oriented for understanding complex systems and the ability to pay attention to details.
- Knowledge of informatics
- Knowledge of DevOps
- Experience with AI or Machine Learning.
- Experience in the health tech sector.
The assessment should be completed within 3 days of applying.
If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: please complete the application and pre-screening within one week of starting.