SelfDecode is a fast-growing biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc...
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are very selective in our process because we look for a very long-term, full-time partnership with our employees. We try to keep the application process as short as possible, so that we don't waste anyone's time.
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
Job Type and Pay:
We are looking for a Backend Django Developer. Pay will be in accordance with abilities, skills, experience, hustle, leadership, math/bioinformatics knowledge, level of English proficiency, and location.
We do not want to waste your time applying, so please look at these bullet points before applying.
- Full time - we expect people to put in 40 hrs a week or more
- Fully Remote.
- NO agencies
- Minimum of 2-3 years professional coding experience
- Salary: $15-$35/hr USD (around 30k-70k/ year) - depending on skills, speed, experience, proficiency in our tech stack, location, English fluency, leadership abilities, work hustle & drive, personality, plusses listed, etc...
- Equity is also available for outstanding applicants and those with leadership abilities - people who can take on a leadership role.
Skills We're Seeking:
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Professional experience with Python
- Professional experience with a python based web application framework, such as Django or Flask. Experience in Django is preferred.
- Experience with creating and maintaining AWS cloud formation templates
- Experience with the Serverless framework
- Well-versed in source control with Git
- Understand RESTfull API design. Experience working with Django REST framework is a bonus
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Creating new features related to personalized health based on genetics, labs, and symptoms
- Developing scalable, easily-maintainable software
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Extending and improving existing internal software systems
- Software Testing
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Participating in weekly scrum meetings
- Professional experience with React or similar front end frameworks
- Bioinformatics knowledge
- Math knowledge
- Knowledge of genetics
- Familiar with bash scripting
- Knowledge of Wordpress
- Health enthusiast
- History of leadership
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com
Please finish the application process within a few days after applying. If we see it's unfinished within a week, we will clear your application.