SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our Research and Development & Engineering Team. Our data team members are experts at ingesting large, complex biological data sets, creating fast and efficient pipelines to process them, and working closely with our science team to seamlessly deliver cutting edge genomic and precision medicine analysis to our customers.
The Data Scientist will work on massive databases of genomic and phenotypic data in order to create novel AI/ML prediction models of disease and human health.
The ideal Data Scientist candidate has superb analytical and critical thinking skills with proven experience in AI/ML as it pertains to human health, in addition to having a passion for using AI/ML and genomics to radically change peoples’ lives for the better.
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of industry or academic work experience in a Data Analyst or Data Science role.
- B.S. in data science, statistics, mathematics, or a related field preferred.
- Proven track record in delivering AI/ML solutions in human health or genomics.
- Skilled in python and or R. Databricks, AWS, and SQL are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both internal and external, to interface with team members and consumer markets.
- An analytical mindset; this role requires someone who will carry out data-driven decision making and help the product team identify areas of opportunity to drive business value.
- Strong data visualization skills.
- Develop new algorithms and employ machine learning to improve the spectrum and quality of SelfDecode’s precision medicine platform
- Work with other data team members to ensure the analytical validity of our models and pipelines
- Collaborate with other highly vetted and passionate scientists and team members
- Develop in-house tools to bolster team productivity
- PhD in Computational Biology or a related field.
- Working knowledge of imputation process
- Proficiency with Spark
- Working knowledge of NGS informatics
- Understanding the needs of a business and using data to creatively answer problems.
- Precision Medicine Expertise