SelfDecode is a fast-growing biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order tåo give personalized health recommendations.
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc...
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are very selective in our process because we look for a very long-term, full-time partnership with our employees. We try to keep the application process as short as possible, so that we don't waste anyone's time.
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
Job Type & Pay:
We are looking for a talented Epidemiologist. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
- Full-time only
- Position is remote
- No agencies
- Salary range is $60K - $100K / yr USD
- Must work a minimum of 4 hours within PST time zone between 9AM to 8PM PST
Required Duties & Skills
We are looking for a high-level epidemiology expert and professional.
- Demonstrated track record of experience and knowledge in statistics, epidemiology, or statistical genetics
- Proven record of conducting collaborative research
- Proven record of contributing to cross-disciplinary projects and working in large teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to lead in a remote environment and organization
- Demonstrated track record of experience and expertise in mendelian randomization is a must
- Experience using statistical programming languages (Stata, R, MPlus, etc) and working with large-scale datasets
- Experience and understanding of applied statistical analysis and longitudinal analysis
- Familiarity and experience in understanding of genotype and or next generation DNA sequencing technologies and their applications in epidemiology is a must
- Experience working with and understanding of open source tools in epidemiology and or genomics required
- Experience with unix/linux operating system and comfort in working on a command line interface
- Previous experience with cloud-based development or analysis and performing QA of bioinformatics tools strongly desired
- Demonstrated track record of publications
- PhD preferred
If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please finish the application process within a few days after applying. If we see it's unfinished within a week, we will clear your application.