We are no longer seeking people for this position. You are still welcome to apply, but please be aware that we are not actively hiring for this role.
SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for a creative and highly skilled copywriter, preferably with a background in health & sciences, to join the marketing team at SelfDecode. You will be primarily responsible for developing and producing content for our email list, ads, and social media.
Most importantly, we need super interesting email content in health sciences, more specifically genetics and labs, that is also able to convert people into purchasing. We want to provide value to our clients but also get them to buy. Your copy needs to be informative and highly persuasive in getting conversions.
Being good at this position requires coming up with an interesting and valuable email, and connecting themes to the products that we launch.
The Role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
- Brainstorm content ideas that work with our other marketing goals
- Plan and produce written content for emails and other mediums
- Help manage SelfDecode’s social media accounts
- Write clear and persuasive copy that helps develop the brand’s voice
- Create content that contributes to a cohesive brand image
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ability to write engaging copy
- 2+ years of professional experience as a copywriter
- Proven history of copywriting conversion
- Experience creating high-quality content for a brand in the health and science arena
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience in the health/wellness niche
- You enjoy taking pictures/creating video content
Paid test tasks will be given to promising candidates with a significant portfolio and/or a lot of job experience in the industry.
Otherwise, the test tasks will be unpaid.
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com
Note: please complete the application and pre-screening within one week of starting.