We are looking for a knowledgeable Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Writer to develop, manage, and maintain SelfDecode’s web presence. You will be responsible for writing and managing all SEO activities such as search engine optimization, content strategy, link building, and keyword strategy to increase rankings on all major search networks with Google being the emphasis. The ideal candidate is proactive, organized and has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The role is:
- Full time - we expect people to put in 40 hrs a week or more
- Fully Remote.
- For one individual. No agencies.
- Salaried: Highly competitive depending on skills, experience, education, culture fit, and leadership abilities etc.
- Writing search engine optimization copy.
- Continually check search terms, rankings and analytics to monitor the performance of websites and make optimization changes for improvement.
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum return on investment in organic and paid search campaigns.
- On-page optimization and content editing to support sustainable keyword ranking growth.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization.
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet biotech industry trends and development.
- Perform technical SEO audits to identify and fix on-site SEO Issues.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, PR or business (Preferred).
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience in hands-on keyword analysis, website optimization, and SEO reporting.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and how to boost domain authority.
- Strong knowledge of all elements of search optimization: on-site technical SEO and off-site optimization including link building.
- Keen attention to detail, excellent time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to edit and optimize existing content and metadata.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Knowledge of genetics/health or an educational background in science.
- WordPress skill-set to be able to implement basic SEO changes onto a clients website without reliance on a developer.
- Familiarity with SEO tools such as Moz, ahrefs, SEMrush, webceo, and HubSpot.