We are no longer seeking people for this position. You are still welcome to apply, but please be aware that we are not actively hiring for this role.
SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for a knowledgeable Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Writer to develop, manage, and maintain SelfDecode’s web presence. You will be responsible for all SEO activities such as search engine optimization, content strategy, link building, and keyword strategy to increase rankings on all major search networks, with Google being the emphasis. The ideal candidate is proactive, organized, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
- Writing search engine optimization copy.
- Continually check search terms, rankings, and analytics to monitor the performance of websites and make optimization changes for improvement.
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum return on investment in organic and paid search campaigns.
- On-page optimization and content editing to support sustainable keyword ranking growth.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization.
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media, and internet biotech industry trends and development.
- Perform technical SEO audits to identify and fix on-site SEO Issues.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, PR or business (Preferred).
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience in hands-on keyword analysis, website optimization, and SEO reporting.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and how to boost domain authority.
- Strong knowledge of all elements of search optimization: on-site technical SEO and off-site optimization including link building.
- Keen attention to detail, excellent time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to edit and optimize existing content and metadata.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Knowledge of genetics/health or educational background in science.
- WordPress skill-set to be able to implement basic SEO changes onto a client's website without reliance on a developer.
- Familiarity with SEO tools such as Moz, ahrefs, SEMrush webceo, ahrefs, SEMrush, and HubSpot.
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com
Note: please complete the application and pre-screening within one week of starting.