We are no longer seeking people for this position. You are still welcome to apply, but please be aware that we are not actively hiring for this role.
SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Bioinformatician. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
The Role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Salary: 50k-200k USD /yr
- Equity is also available for outstanding applicants and those with leadership abilities.
- Automate the curation of databases for the most relevant data.
- Provide statistical and computational tools for biologically based activities such as genetic analysis, polygenic risk scores, measurement of gene expression, and gene function determination.
- Create or modify web-based bioinformatics tools.
- Develop methods and perform analyses that will advance the understanding of human genetics and shape SelfDecode’s consumer product.
- Consult with researchers to analyze problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine computational strategies.
- Analyze data on gene and lab substance interactions.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Preferably Ph.D. in an 'Omics' field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to lead in a remote environment and organization.
- Fluency in programming and scripting languages is required (e.g., R, Python, etc.) and their use in a LINUX environment.
- In depth knowledge of integrative omics analysis, next generation sequencing, data mining, complex data analysis, statistics and or in-depth knowledge of diagnostic algorithms and clinical applications of machine learning approaches.
- Experience in computational approaches for whole genome analysis and or genotyping analysis.
- Experience working on GWAS, PRS, Clinical Genomics, is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability and history of writing software and or algorithms utilizing large biomedical data sets.
- Experience analyzing large molecular datasets such as genomic sequence data.
- Hands-on experience working with very large datasets in Python.
- Experience in algorithm development or machine learning approaches.
- Experience in development
- Proven record of applying or developing computational biology approaches to generate new hypotheses.
- Proven record of conducting collaborative research.
- Proven record of contributing to cross-disciplinary projects and working in large teams.
- Knowledge of at least some of the following:
- Natural language processing abilities...to automate the extraction of the necessary information.
If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: please complete the application and pre-screening within one week of starting.