We are a fast-growing biotech company in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people affordable tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
How we like to operate:
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities can move up in the organization fast.
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!
Job Type & Pay:
We are looking for a talented Bioinformatician. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
- Full-time only
- Position is remote
- No agencies
- Salary range is $60K - $100K / yr USD
- Must work a minimum of 4 hours within PST time zone between 9AM to 8PM PST
- Preferably Ph.D. in an 'Omics' field.
Required Duties & Skills:
We are looking for a high-level bioinformatics expert and professional.
- Data analyst/biostatistician/bioinformatician
- Experience in development
- Proven record of applying or developing computational biology approaches to generate new hypotheses.
- Proven record of conducting collaborative research.
- Proven record of contributing to cross-disciplinary projects and working in large teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to lead in a remote environment and organization.
- Fluency in programming and scripting languages is required (e.g., R, Python, etc.) and their use in a LINUX environment.
- In depth knowledge of integrative omics analysis, next generation sequencing, data mining, complex data analysis, statistics and or In depth knowledge of diagnostic algorithms and clinical applications of machine learning approaches.
- Experience in computational approaches for whole genome analysis and or genotyping analysis.
- Experience working on GWAS, PRS, Clinical Genomics, is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability and history of writing software and or algorithms utilizing large biomedical data sets.
- Experience analyzing large molecular datasets such as genomic sequence data.
- Hands-on experience working with very large datasets in Python.
- Automate the curation of databases for the most relevant data.
- Provide statistical and computational tools for biologically based activities such as genetic analysis, polygenic risk scores, measurement of gene expression, and gene function determination.
- Create or modify web-based bioinformatics tools.
- Experience in algorithm development or machine learning approaches.
- Develop methods and perform analyses that will advance the understanding of human genetics and shape SelfDecode’s consumer product.
- Consult with researchers to analyze problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine computational strategies.
- Analyze data on gene and lab substance interactions.
- Natural language processing abilities...to automate the extraction of the necessary information.
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com