We are no longer seeking people for this position. You are still welcome to apply, but be please be aware that we are not actively hiring for this role.
SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for a proficient Security & Privacy Engineer with significant skills and experience. Pay will be in accordance with abilities, skills, experience, etc...
The Role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
- Equity is also available for outstanding applicants and those with leadership abilities.
- Developing solutions to ensure privacy policies are correctly implemented.
- Assisting with the management of the data privacy, data protection, data usability, performance, and the integrity of the privacy solution.
- Using current programming language and technologies, creating a solid design, writing code, completing programming.
- Performing testing and debugging of applications as well as completing documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Performing regular privacy assessments of operational processes, identifying and mitigating risks across the company through effective tools, training, and guidance
Required Skills & Experience:
- Securing a distributed web application against threats
- Docker: Dockerfiles + containers orchestration of choice (docker-compose, ECS, Kubernetes)
- AWS OR Azure OR Google cloud
- Git: basic ops + history manipulation (rebase, interactive rebase, stashing, patches)
- Good English Language Communication Skills
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a security and privacy software development role
- Significant familiarity with the technologies in our stack
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- Ability to perform operations on large datasets
- Understanding of design for software applications running on multiple platforms.
- Understanding of testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
- Previous experience working remotely or in a startup.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, privacy engineering or related field of study.
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com
Note: please complete the application and pre-screening within one week of starting.