SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests, and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live healthier and better lives.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full-time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long-term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
We are looking for a seasoned and well-rounded digital marketing professional to take a lead role in the Marketing Team at SelfDecode. The ideal candidate has proven experience with executing successful digital marketing strategies and business development. The ideal candidate also has extensive experience with paid ads and media buying.
This is a very hands-on role where you will be expected to work with a team of five in marketing. A leadership role will only be assumed once it's clear that the individual has better marketing judgment than the people they are leading.
If you are used to working for a big corporation and spend most of your day strategizing, then it's probably not the role for you.
If you are used to working for companies with 20% growth YoY, then it's probably not a good fit. We are looking for someone who can drive a minimum 100% YoY revenue growth in our consumer business, as well as help out with our B2B business.
The role is:
- Full time.
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely. Includes an equity package.
- Develop, implement, and oversee a long-term, comprehensive marketing plan & strategy to increase brand awareness, reach, and sales.
- Set short and long-term goals for marketing teams that drive the success of the overall marketing strategy.
- Set and review the marketing budget for each quarter, making adjustments based on analytics and feedback.
- Build relationships with media, clientele, and potential investors through creative PR strategies and campaigns.
- Work in tandem with the CEO to develop a vision for company growth.
- Communicate consistently with individual members of marketing teams to ensure the smooth operation of all projects.
- Motivate marketing team to perform at a high level.
- Set KPIs for the marketing team and ensure they hit their targets.
- Identify challenges and opportunities for growth and reprioritize resources and strategies accordingly.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in a high-growth startup.
- Experience & background in the health/wellness or biotech industry.
- A history of proven success.
- Strong background in digital and growth marketing.
- Strong critical thinking skills and creativity.
- Minimum 7 years of successful experience in a marketing leadership role. Proven, data-driven success in such roles.
- Superior internal and external communication skills.
- Ability to delegate, effectively project manage, and interact with team members.
- Demonstrable skills in paid advertising, copywriting, email marketing, automation, and analytics.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, Facebook remarketing, SEMrush, etc.
- Logical and methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Proven experience designing and implementing large-scale marketing campaigns with an ability to adapt based on analysis.
- Previous remote work experience.
- Experience in B2B and B2C business models.
Our typical hiring process involves:
- A screening questionnaire/test - with disqualification
- Interviews (around 3 in total)
- More tests/questionnaires - no disqualification
- Test task
Our hiring process is more heavily focused on screening tests instead of interviews. So instead of 7 interviews that are typical for many companies for senior roles, we have fewer interviews and more tests.
You will be prompted to take our screening tests as soon as you submit your application.
The way the tests are designed is that most of the beginning stages have a disqualification so that if you don't pass, you can't progress to the next stage and will be disqualified.
So, for example, if you don't answer enough correct questions in the questionnaire, you won't progress to the logic puzzles.
We need to make sure that you have enough experience that fits with our needs and that your logical reasoning is at an adequate level for the position. This approach saves time for everyone involved.
- Marketing Experience Yes/No Questionnaire (±5 min)
- Logic Puzzles (±15 min)
Keep in mind that these replace an initial screening interview that would otherwise take place.
Note: Please complete the application and pre-screening within 3 days of starting or you will be automatically disqualified.
If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org